Ohio Pheasant & Duck Hunts
- Premiere Pheasant hunting on our licensed preserve
- 1000 acres of prime habitat
- All packages include guide, dog, lunch, beverages, bird cleaning and lodging (European Continental Hunts only)
- There is no closed season, open 365 days (no licenses required)
- Hunts available:
- Half day/20 birds minimum
- Whole day/40 birds minimum
- 2 days/80 birds minimum
- European Continental Hunts – Great for Corporate Retreats (See below for additional info)
- We also have 2/3 day hunts that can include Mallard duck hunting as well (call for pricing)
European Continental Hunts
Bronze Package – $449 (per person)
- 1 day Continental Pheasant Hunt that includes overnight accommodations at our World Class Lodge.
- 16 hunters (must have a minimum of 8 in your group to book a date) 200 total pheasants.
- We will release 120 birds in the morning from tower stands.
- There will be 8 stations with 2 hunters at each location (hunters will rotate stations every 15 birds).
- Hot lunch will be provided at the lodge.
- 80 birds will be released in afternoon for foot hunt (will split into 2 groups). Our trained German Shorthair Pointers and handlers provided or you can bring your own dogs.
- Steak Dinner served at the Lodge with complimentary beverages.
- Birds will be cleaned, bagged, chilled and distributed evenly amongst the group to take home.
- Checkout by 10am.
Silver Crown Package – $649 (per person)
- 2 nights/2 days Continental Pheasant Hunt and Mallard Duck Hunt Combo
- Check in any time after 2pm. Shoot clays, kick back and relax or enjoy some bass fishing on one of our stocked ponds or small lakes (Must bring own fishing gear).
- 16 hunters (must have at least 8 hunters in your group to book a date) 240 total pheasants.
- Release 160 birds from the tower stand in morning.
- 8 stations with 2 hunters per station (rotate stations every 20 birds).
- Hot lunch served at the lodge.
- 80 pheasants released in afternoon for foot hunt (will split into 2 groups). Will provide our trained German Shorthair Pointers and handlers or you can bring your own dogs.
- Steak dinner served at the lodge with complimentary beverages.
- Morning Duck Hunt (4 hunters per blind) limit 4 ducks per person.
- All birds will be cleaned, bagged, chilled and distributed evenly amongst the group totake home.
- Checkout by noon.
Gold Crown Package – $1075 (per person)
- 3 Day/3 Night Continental Pheasant and Mallard Duck Combo Hunt
- Check in any time after 2pm. Shoot clays, kick back and relax or enjoy fishing @ one of our stocked bass ponds or small lakes (must bring own fishing gear).
- 16 hunters (must have at least 8 in your group to book a date) 400 total pheasants.
- Release 160 pheasants from tower in the morning on Day 2.
- 8 stations (rotate stations every 20 birds).
- Hot lunch served at Lodge.
- 120 pheasants released in afternoon for foot hunt (will split into 2 groups). Our trained German Shorthair Pointers and handlers provided or you can bring your own dogs.
- Steak dinner and complimentary beverages served at the Lodge.
- Day 3 morning Duck hunt (4 hunters per blind) limit 4 ducks per hunter.
- Hot lunch served at the Lodge.
- 120 pheasants released in afternoon for foot hunt.
- Surf & Turf Dinner and complimentary beverages provided at the Lodge.
- All birds will be cleaned, bagged, chilled and distributed evenly amongst the group to take home.
- Checkout by 10am.
Pheasant/Mallard Duck Hunts
Fully guided 4 night /3 day “Cast and Blast” Pheasant/Mallard Duck hunt and fishing package. Each day consists of Mallard Duck hunting (limit 6 per day) in the mornings out of comfortable blinds (coffee, water and snacks in blinds as well). After having lunch @ the lodge you can kick back and relax or throw the fishing poles in the boat and try to pull in some Bass. In late afternoon you will enjoy some pheasant hunting (limit 6 per day) followed by dinner and beverages at the lodge. Bird cleaning is provided at no extra charge nor our dog handlers and guides! You can also upgrade and shoot as many ducks or pheasants as you like @ $25 per bird. WE CAN CATER TO ANY UPGRADES YOU WISH, driven hunts, all pheasants or all ducks!
This hunt can can be taken August 1st- September 30 th , December 1 st – 30 th or March 1 st – April 20th. The trip takes place in Cadiz, Oh. The closest airport is Pittsburgh, Pa.( 1:15 from the lodge). Meals, lodging, boats, blinds, guide, unlimited bass fishing and stocked bar are all included. We hunt on over a 1000 acres of some of the finest pheasant and duck habitat which includes over 30 acres of milo fields, flooded marshes and natural duck ponds! Hunters are welcome to bring their dogs with them or use some of our World Class Pointers and Retrievers. WE HAVE OVER 20 STOCKED PONDS WITH SUPERB LARGEMOUTH BASS.
Cost of hunt is $1950.00 per person (must have 4 or more in party to have own private guide). Groups up to 16 welcome great for large groups or corporate retreats.
The Green Head Package – $600 per person
(August 10th through October 25th)
Tired of sitting in the Duck Blind and not seeing any Ducks all day? Come join us and you will see more ducks in one day then you normally see in an entire season or maybe your lifetime. We will have anywhere from 500 to 3000 ducks on our ponds at any given time!
This action packed mallard duck package starts off with check in after 5 p.m. You can kick back and relax, shoot some skeet, hit the 3D archery course or enjoy some great bass fishing on one of our stocked ponds or fire off some shots on our shooting range. You then will enjoy a great dinner at the lodge.
Day number 2 will start off with a hot breakfast and then we will head to the duck blinds where each group of 4 will be accompanied by a dog handler / guide. There will be groups of 4 hunters in each blind on the ponds. Each group can shoot up to 24 total ducks in the morning. After returning from the blind you will have a hot lunch waiting for you at the lodge and then you can kick back just like on Arrival Day or enjoy one of the on-site amenities. We will head back out to the duck blinds in late afternoon and each group will be able to shoot up to another 24 ducks from their blind. After a hard day of hunting you will enjoy a steak dinner and some beverages at the lodge.
Day 3 guys will enjoy another hot breakfast to start off the day and then head to the blinds for one last hunt that they will be able to shoot up to16 ducks per blind for a maximum of 64 ducks per blind for the entire hunt. Check out will be by noon .
Bird cleaning, dogs, handlers, meals, lodging, beverages including beer and all amenities included. Gratuities for the cook and guides not included . Must have a minimum of four in your group maximum of 16. May upgrade package to shoot additional ducks for $25 per bird. May also bring along your own retrievers as long as they are capable of retrieving all of the ducks that hit the water. We can also split time with your dog and our retrievers. These are farm-raised mallards and there are no daily or season limits on our Licensed Hunting Preserve. You cannot shoot any other species of ducks. No licenses required nor Federal duck stamp. Call to discuss dates available and to book your duck hunt of a lifetime!
Ohio Division of Wildlife
Commercial Bird Shooting Preserve License
Permit Number: CBSP-2017-03-15-10:44:21-1
Cast & Blast Lodge
Robert P. McConnell